Welcome!

Monday, June 18, 2012

guilty

so last night, j and i made our dads some fried chicken to celebrate their day.  it was, in a word, divine.

good people, good fun, good food: can you ask for more? 

jordan's mama brought over some potato salad, we had a green salad, and a caprese salad...um, just now realizing that our entire meal aside from chicken was salads...hmm.

anyhoo- tonight we were heating up the leftovers and it dawned on me: what goes really well with fried chicken?  biscuits, duh.  

and?  yes, i made biscuits.

in my very limited defense, i only made a half-batch.

as for my justification? i need none.  all i know is that it was delicious, and made my husband smile.

so happy eating, friends.  hope your monday has started off just as tastily.

3 comments:

  1. Are you doing the no carb thing? Good on ya... I could never give up my breads... at least I say that now. So glad you had a good Father's Day AND good Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh em we're not doing a "no-anything" thing when it comes to food...we are eaters (: ...hope you guys had a great father's day too! (:

      Delete
  2. Well done! There's nothing wrong with lots of salads. :) I pretty much love leftover anything because it means less work.

    ReplyDelete

it's always great to hear from you!